(Of a page in a book or magazine or a piece of furniture) designed to be opened out for use and folded away for convenient storage: a fold-out map
More example sentences
- On the magazine's fold-out map, south of Australia, there is nothing but an uninterrupted sea of watercolour blue.
- This lovingly crafted book features a postcard, a cruise time-table and a fold-out map of Lyra's Oxford.
- Eight zoning commissioners sat around a long fold-out table in an open space at town hall.
A fold-out page or piece of furniture.
- The Saville volume features fold-outs and full-page details.
- The box fold-out correctly shows the final episode in Season Two as ‘Ben?’
- The packaging is attractive, and I love the plastic slipcover over the standard fold-out with gates, but I do have some minor quibbles.
Definition of fold-out in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.