Definition of folivore in English:
An animal that feeds on leaves.
- In contrast, Q. robur exposed to 30% elevated vs ambient UV-B radiation in an outdoor array received more damage by unspecified insect folivores.
- The relationship between Eucalyptus species and their marsupial folivores is a case in point.
- Variation in leaf quality exists at a scale relevant to the foraging choices of individual folivores.
- folivorous adjective
- Example sentences
- Frugivorous lowland gorillas, for example, should both prefer and be more capable of metabolizing ethanol than their more folivorous montane counterparts.
- Previous investigators have noted that the folivorous, dusky-footed wood rat brings fresh, green foliage into its stickhouse.
- The New World howler monkey, which has a notably folivorous diet, evolved full trichromaticity independently of Old World primates.
Definition of folivore in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.