- A recollection or body of recollections of the past that persists among a particular group of people.More example sentences
- Here folk memories of James have been developed and exploited in the advancement of libertine values.
- I doubt Ms Rowling read Ginzburg before inventing Harry Potter, so we must be looking at a folk memory re-emerging periodically along highly structured symbolic axes.
- Scots seemed chiefly preoccupied with the folk memory of the Clearances.
More definitions of folk memoryDefinition of folk memory in:
- The US English dictionary