- A user-generated system of classifying and organizing online content into different categories by the use of metadata such as electronic tags.More example sentences
- Because of the word folksonomy, people assume it is for categorization.
- And yet I keep having this feeling that folksonomy, and particularly amateur tagging, is profound in a way that the ‘no cheap metadata’ dictum doesn't cover.
- Weinberger calls this grass-roots approach to organization folksonomy and predicts that it will diminish the role of experts.
More definitions of folksonomyDefinition of folksonomy in:
- The US English dictionary