Definition of foot soldier in English:
1A soldier who fights on foot.
- From a common foot soldier he rose to become one of the most honored military men of his time, the only seventeenth-century commander to receive the coveted title of marechal-general.
- Following the catastrophe, the tired foot soldier, virtually alone among his peers, sought to defend the court-martialed generals of the ill-fated campaign.
- It does not matter if you're a foot soldier or a commander - the rule applies to all.
1.1A person who carries out important work but does not have a role of authority in an organization or field: programmers are the foot soldiers of the computer revolution
More example sentences
- But you don't have to look too hard to find that some of God's foot soldiers see their role a little differently.
- Clothing brands popular among the minority youth who are the foot soldiers of drug dealing organizations are the sources of many of the names and images employed.
- Still, gun-control foot soldiers in organized medicine churn out articles for relatively obscure scientific journals.
Definition of foot soldier in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.