1Patient self-control; restraint and tolerance: his unfailing courtesy and forbearance under great provocation
More example sentences
- In all probability, patience, forbearance, and restraint would have conquered their hearts.
- He too joined in the thanks and compliments to the count staff and thanked the candidates and their agents for their courtesy, patience and forbearance throughout a long and arduous process.
- If we are asking for forbearance from our patrons then we must show our commitment to them.
tolerance, toleration, patience, resignation, endurance, fortitude, stoicism, long-sufferingness, leniency, lenity, clemency, indulgence;
restraint, self-restraint, self-control, moderation, temperance, mildness
1.1 Law The action of refraining from exercising a legal right, especially enforcing the payment of a debt.
- The message of this judgment is that when promises of payment on pleas for forbearance are made, the commercial creditor is well advised to ask to have an agreement in writing signed by the promisee.
- Whether it be called waiver or forbearance on his part, or an agreed variation of substituted performance, does not matter.
- The remuneration had allegedly been paid at a time when the company was known by its directors to be making losses and to be unable to pay its debts without forbearance from its creditors, but there was no allegation of fraud.
Words that rhyme with forbearanceBehrens
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.