Definition of foreign exchange in English:
1An institution or system for dealing in the currencies of other countries.
- It emerged yesterday that those responsible for making the wrong submissions to the Central Bank on foreign exchanges may not be named in the keenly awaited second report, for legal reasons.
- The euro has of course plunged in the foreign exchanges as financiers have backed America and the Pacific rim as most likely to weather the current economic uncertainty.
- The New York Stock Exchange's software programs for tracking illegal equity trading were marketed to foreign exchanges.
1.1 [mass noun] The currencies of other countries.
- The euro has made the management of foreign exchange much easier in the case of exporters and importers to and from the eurozone.
- This is because, as with fuel, more than 70 percent of power production costs are specified in foreign exchange.
- Of the six largest forms of international trade, only three are legal: the speculation in foreign exchange, the sale of oil and of coffee.
Definition of foreign exchange in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan