A low-growing plant of the borage family, which typically has blue flowers and is a popular ornamental.
- Myosotis and other genera, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the common European M. scorpioides, whose bright blue flowers have a yellow centre
More example sentences
- You can sow the following directly in the ground: baby blue eyes, forget-me-nots, sweet alyssum, sweet peas, and spring wildflowers.
- Cluster them with snapdragons, primroses, forget-me-nots and alyssum in mixed beds or in containers.
- In between the ferns we have planted snowdrops and Omphalodes cappadocica, a relative of the forget-me-not which produces azure blue flowers in early spring each year.
mid 16th century: translating the Old French name ne m'oubliez mye; said to have the virtue of ensuring that the wearer of the flower would never be forgotten by a lover.
Definition of forget-me-not in:
- The US English dictionary