- The basic monetary unit of Hungary, equal to 100 filler.More example sentences
- We will buy forints in Hungary, zlotys in Poland and tolars in Slovenia.
- It's wrong to give so much money to a couple of historical films - 2 billion forints [8 million dollars] - and neglect new directors making films about contemporary subjects.
- In Hungary, the forint came under severe pressure this year because of the rising state deficit.
Hungarian, from Italian fiorino (see florin).
More definitions of forintDefinition of forint in:
- The US English dictionary