noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless pungent gas in solution made by oxidizing methanol.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: methanal; chemical formula: CH2O
- Set on fire, these items release formaldehyde, polyvinyl chloride, and dioxins.
- They are produced by the polymerization reaction of phenol and formaldehyde.
- Bleach, ethyl alcohol, and formaldehyde can kill the virus in the environment.
More definitions of formaldehydeDefinition of formaldehyde in:
- The US English dictionary