- A salt or ester of formic acid.More example sentences
- The sodium formate is then carefully treated with sulfuric acid at low temperatures and distilled in a vacuum to yield formic acid.
- Glycolaldehyde contains exactly the same atoms, though in a different molecular structure, as methyl formate and acetic acid, both of which were detected previously in interstellar clouds.
- In this context we note that the diffusional contribution to the formate and acetate relaxation dispersion was not detected as a distortion to the Lorentzian relaxation profile.
More definitions of formateDefinition of formate in:
- The US English dictionary