Definition of formulary in English:
noun (plural formularies)
1A collection of set forms, especially for use in religious ceremonies.
- Not only are they against the spirit and the letter of Anglican formularies, they are against one of the decrees of the Council of Nicaea, as we point out.
- One source that is missing is the historic formularies, the ‘confessional’ documents of the various Christian traditions.
- Worship is deeply important to Anglicans, and for that reason the Book of Common Prayer occupies an important place in Anglican formularies.
2An official list giving details of prescribable medicines.
- The national formulary of medicines lists the essential drugs that can be acquired by, and distributed through, Mozambique's national health system.
- Essential drug lists or formularies are already widespread in rich countries - for example, in hospitals, in health maintenance organisations in the United States, and in primary care in the United Kingdom.
- This is especially important for drugs listed in the formulary with a black triangle next to the drug's name (any new NSAID would carry this symbol).
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or using officially prescribed formulas.
- English lawyers knew of this procedure, and one even wrote a book on it, but there is no written trace of English legal knowledge, at this time, of the earlier roman formulary procedure.
- Most patients who transferred to the pharmacy were prescribed a formulary product (table).
- Through unique formulary technology, both detrimental attributes are eliminated in the described 60% ethyl alcohol hand gel formulation.
Words that rhyme with formularyscapulary • capitulary
Definition of formulary in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.