1Create or prepare methodically: the government has formulated a policy on waste management use special-effects paints that are formulated for the task
More example sentences
- To implement strategies, MMRDA prepares plans, formulates policies and programmes and helps in directing investments in the region.
- It is time to start seriously questioning the power of corporations, and their role in formulating economic policy.
- It is time to think, plan and formulate a strong antibiotic policy to address the burgeoning hospital infection.
draw up, put together, work out, map out, plan, prepare, get ready, compose, produce, construct, make, develop, contrive, hatch, devise, think up, conceive, create, frame, lay, invent, originate, coin, design;
write out, write down, put in writing, put down (on paper), draft
1.1Express (an idea) in a concise or systematic way: the argument is sufficiently clear that it can be formulated mathematically
More example sentences
- Try to formulate your ideas in mathematical form so that the referee has an idea of where you are coming from.
- What elevates good writers is the way they formulate their ideas.
- Nevertheless, he formulates the idea of impetus in more classical terms as a virtus impressa (impressed force) and virtus motiva (motive force).
express, articulate, put into words, utter, state, say, verbalize, word, phrase, render, frame, couch, voice, give voice to, give form to, give expression to;
convey, communicate, put across/over, get across/over;
specify, define, particularize, itemize, detail, indicate, designate, systematize
- Example sentences
- But they've also persuaded the original formulators and the people with the know-how to collaborate to actually put the whole product back in production.
- After all, the Victorian and Edwardian formulators of the work ethic understood that it is work that gives you a sense of your own powers and abilities; it is work that gives you self-esteem and self-confidence.
- The voices of opposition can allow the policy formulators to revise their policies to suit social developments.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: for¦mu|late
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.