Definition of fortune teller in English:
A person who is supposedly able to predict a person’s future by palmistry, using a crystal ball, or similar methods: he went to a fortune teller to ask for advice
More example sentences
- I could have made a mint being a fortune-teller, too - though I already would have known that.
- Practitioners of the spiritual arts, be they geomancers, mediums, fortune-tellers or soul-callers, have increased in prominence as their formerly proscribed services become eagerly sought-after.
- Are fortune-tellers, clairvoyants, palm readers, spiritists and voodoo participants in league with demons?
clairvoyant, crystal gazer, psychic, prophet, forecaster of the future, seer, oracle, soothsayer, prognosticator, prophesier, augur, diviner, sibyl;
- fortune tellingnoun
- Example sentences
- Following this logic, it becomes clear that scientists will find nothing if they continue to seek for evidence of the supernatural by examining occult phenomena such as ESP, telepathy, fortune-telling and witchcraft.
- She said she did not believe in paranormal phenomena, magic, fortune-telling and the idea that everyone has a mission in life.
- I thought of divination as fortune-telling and psychic development as psychic development.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.