- 1Preserved to become a fossil: a fossilized bone fossilized human remainsMore example sentences
- Even more remarkable than the evidence of prehistoric man was the discovery of thousands of fossilised animal bones.
- The reef system is made up of fossilised dunes.
- The 130-million-year-old spider silk was found in fossilized amber from Lebanon.
- 1.1Archaic and incapable of change: a faltering economy and a fossilized political systemMore example sentences
- The community of faithful, formerly a community of interests, becomes a fossilized thing.
- The temptation is to forsake fossilized print for the new opportunities of the dotcom world.
- Indigenous environmental knowledge should be a response to prevailing conditions in both town and country, not a set of fossilized ideas.