- (Of a material) having four strands or layers: four-ply yarnMore example sentences
- Although six and eight-ply boards are thicker than traditional four-ply boards, they can be cut easily when the proper guidelines are followed, noted the experts.
- The four-ply seams won't tear or unravel, and the soft but tough 1-inch tie-downs won't put dings or scratches on your boat's hull.
- Instead of the four-ply Titan my machinery comes with, I go with a Galaxy eight-ply.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Knitting wool made of four strands.More example sentences
- Changes to the Pueblo stitch only began to occur with the advent of the domestically manufactured, aniline-dyed wool four-ply, often referred to as ‘Germantown yarn.’
More definitions of four-plyDefinition of four-ply in:
- The US English dictionary