- 1A group of four people: he and his fiancée made a foursome with Helen and meMore example sentences
- The foursome downed four courses of Arcodoro's famous Sardinian food during the three-hour repast.
- Having a social evening as a foursome is fine, but it's probably better to organise something at home.
- It wants us to become a threesome or a foursome or a whatever-some.
- 1.1A golf match between two pairs of players, with partners playing the same ball: Wales led 3-2 after the morning foursomesMore example sentences
- The format for the semi-finals will be match play - mixed foursomes in the morning and mixed fourballs in the afternoon.
- The lesson of the golf at Bighorn may be the Ryder Cup warning that there is nothing more difficult than foursomes when your partner is playing a little better than you.
- Local charity auctions almost always offer foursomes of golf at the best country clubs.
More definitions of foursomeDefinition of foursome in:
- The US English dictionary