A tall Eurasian plant with erect spikes of pinkish-purple (or white) flowers shaped like the fingers of gloves. It is a source of the drug digitalis.
- Genus Digitalis, family Scrophulariaceae: many species, in particular D. purpurea
More example sentences
- Plants that may require staking to hold their blooms high include Canterbury bells, hollyhocks, and verbascums, with foxgloves and delphiniums in the upper garden zones.
- They also don't eat anemones, astilbes, junipers, foxgloves, daffodils, ferns, grasses and a whole host of things.
- In partial shade, use balloon flowers as accent plants placed among foxgloves, hostas, or lamb's ears.
Definition of foxglove in:
- The US English dictionary