- A dog of a smooth-haired breed with drooping ears, often trained to hunt foxes in packs over long distances.More example sentences
- By the late thirteenth century, King Edward I had a royal pack of foxhounds but it was not until several centuries later that foxhunting was generally taken up by the nobility.
- The pack of harrier hounds - a smaller breed of dog than foxhounds, but larger than beagles - is kept at kennels near Gisburn.
- He said Yorkshire had one of the highest concentrations of mounted foxhounds, beagle packs and terrier and lurchermen, from moorland fox packs to ratters in Leeds and Sheffield.
More definitions of foxhoundDefinition of foxhound in:
- The US English dictionary