North American • military slang
- A hand grenade.More example sentences
- Releasing his grip, he pulled the pin on a frag grenade and dropped it into the cockpit.
- Possibly the worst example was when I told my colleagues to throw a frag grenade into a room.
- In fact, there aren't really any offensive grenades like a frag grenade available.
verb (frags, fragging, fragged)[with object] Back to top
- Deliberately kill (an unpopular senior officer) with a hand grenade.More example sentences
- The end result is always disintegration and defeat; troops have not yet started fragging their officers, the suicide rate among them is already exceptionally high.
- It is unremarkable that in excess of 1,000 officers and NCOs were fragged.
- Later, we learned that the explosions were so close that the concussion shook their aircraft, but they were not fragged.
1970s: from fragmentation grenade.
More definitions of fragDefinition of frag in:
- The US English dictionary