Definition of fragmentation in English:
1The process or state of breaking or being broken into fragments: the fragmentation of society into a collection of interest groups
More example sentences
- To my mind it is certainly correct that the government-imposed fragmentations are the cause of our current problems.
- In these artists' hands, images of those individuals who walk the city on a daily basis are processed through filters and fragmentations into unrecognizable subjects.
- The future is already potentially present in the shape of the blind spots and contradictions of the present - in its silences and exclusions, its conflicts and fragmentations.
1.1 Computing The storing of a file in several separate areas of memory scattered throughout a hard disk.
- Similar to a disk defragmenter, Registry Compactor analyzes the Registry and checks for fragmentation.
- In addition to data fragmentation, there is the issue of data completeness and quality.
- Any data that is written to the drive after it is optimized will contribute to fragmentation of the drive.
Definition of fragmentation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan