Definition of fragmentation in English:
1The process or state of breaking or being broken into fragments: the fragmentation of society into a collection of interest groups
More example sentences
- To my mind it is certainly correct that the government-imposed fragmentations are the cause of our current problems.
- In these artists' hands, images of those individuals who walk the city on a daily basis are processed through filters and fragmentations into unrecognizable subjects.
- The future is already potentially present in the shape of the blind spots and contradictions of the present - in its silences and exclusions, its conflicts and fragmentations.
1.1 Computing The storing of a file in several separate areas of memory scattered throughout a hard disk.
- Similar to a disk defragmenter, Registry Compactor analyzes the Registry and checks for fragmentation.
- In addition to data fragmentation, there is the issue of data completeness and quality.
- Any data that is written to the drive after it is optimized will contribute to fragmentation of the drive.
Definition of fragmentation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.