- 1(In cookery) a raspberry: a deep, rich framboise tasteMore example sentences
- The framboises confiture were excellent.
- The vendor told me they were framboises americain.
- We settled on a framboise and vanilla mousse cake.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A white brandy distilled from raspberries.More example sentences
- The eau-de-vie selection now includes framboise, kirsch, and quince.
- There were quite a few bottles gathering dust in the liquor cabinet - Benedictine, framboise, aquavit - and he decided he might as well try them all.
- I could use a glass of wine… or maybe some framboise… and I've always wanted to try a martini.
French, 'raspberry', from a conflation of Latin fraga ambrosia 'ambrosial strawberry'.
More definitions of framboiseDefinition of framboise in:
- The US English dictionary