A person who takes advantage of others' generosity without giving anything in return.
- They look like a bunch of freeloaders trying to take advantage of the whole situation.
- Refugees are frequently termed freeloaders and spongers by resentful Irish, even by certain politicians.
- But some people deserve bad reputations - liars, cheats, freeloaders and others who manipulate and abuse our trust.
- Example sentences
- I figure that once I reach the age when I'm no longer freeloading off the government (I don't pay taxes as yet), I'll get as self-righteous as the rest of them, and then maybe some more.
- They say sports writing is just another job, that it is work like anyone else's, and should not be described by disgruntled spectators who pay at the gate as freeloading.
- We've been freeloading on this planet long enough.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: free|load¦er
Definition of freeloader in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.