Definition of freeloader in English:
A person who takes advantage of others' generosity without giving anything in return.
- They look like a bunch of freeloaders trying to take advantage of the whole situation.
- Refugees are frequently termed freeloaders and spongers by resentful Irish, even by certain politicians.
- But some people deserve bad reputations - liars, cheats, freeloaders and others who manipulate and abuse our trust.
- Example sentences
- I figure that once I reach the age when I'm no longer freeloading off the government (I don't pay taxes as yet), I'll get as self-righteous as the rest of them, and then maybe some more.
- They say sports writing is just another job, that it is work like anyone else's, and should not be described by disgruntled spectators who pay at the gate as freeloading.
- We've been freeloading on this planet long enough.
Words that rhyme with freeloaderhouseholder
Definition of freeloader in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan