- A period of extreme cold: a freeze-up in NovemberMore example sentences
- As each winter approaches, people hope and pray for mild storms and an early freeze-up to protect the shoreline.
- Thirty-nine counties are now affected by the great freeze-up, and snow and ice have made travelling difficult on 14,000 miles of important roads, the AA said today.
- A council which came under fire for its performance during the post-Christmas freeze-up is to put itself under the microscope.
More definitions of freeze-upDefinition of freeze-up in:
- The US English dictionary