- A political rebel.More example sentences
- His decision horrified former frondeurs like Jean Le Boindre, who wrote that as ‘the French had changed their laws and their monarchy, they might as well change their name’.
- The early frondeurs used slings to shoot stones through the windows of government supporters.
- Out of patience with the mid-90s rightwing frondeurs, he was a loyal government member who got on with his job.
French, literally 'slinger', used to denote a rebel taking part in the Fronde.
More definitions of frondeurDefinition of frondeur in:
- The US English dictionary