- (Of a snake such as a cobra or viper) having the front pair of teeth modified as fangs, with grooves or canals to conduct the venom. Compare with back-fanged.More example sentences
- However, for convenience, we retain the term ‘colubrid’ as an informal designation for the colubroid snakes lacking front-fanged venom delivery systems.
- One study helped resolve a century-old debate on the origin of front-fanged venom systems in snakes.
- Most dangerous of New Guinea snakes are the fast moving, venomous front-fanged species.
More definitions of front-fangedDefinition of front-fanged in:
- The US English dictionary