- 1The bone which forms the front part of the skull and the upper part of the eye sockets.More example sentences
- Unanimous skeletal features are few, but include a lack of contact between the squamosal and parietal bones in the skull and the presence of the frontal bone in forming the orbit.
- Here we present a case of solitary plasmacytoma of frontal bone that was entirely asymptomatic.
- A small vertical midline plate, termed the nasal spine of the frontal bone, contributes to the nasal septum.
- 1.1Either of the pair of bones from which the frontal bone is formed by fusion in infancy.More example sentences
- Like tetrapods, but unlike all other fishes, they also have frontal bones in the skull roof.
- In the individual with horns, the upper layer forming the horns can be separated from what appears to be the underlying normal frontal bones without obvious damage to either element.
- Head lateral views showed focal increased uptake at both frontal bones and vertical enlargement of the diploe and mandibular bones.
More definitions of frontal boneDefinition of frontal bone in:
- The US English dictionary