Definition of fundie in English:
noun (plural fundies)informal
1A fundamentalist, especially a Christian fundamentalist.
- I was going to talk about homosexuality from both the fundie and the liberal Christian angle, but changed my mind.
- The fundies would rather get nothing than settle for less than 100% of their ask.
- By Christmas, every fundie in the country will have a copy.
1.1 (also fundi) (plural also fundis) A member of the radical, as opposed to the pragmatic, wing of the Green movement. Often contrasted with realo.
- By the 1980s, all these new movements had become divided internally between what the German Greens called the fundis and the realos.
- Inside the party, issue for issue, the realos and the fundis competed for the soul and stewardship of the Greens.
- I'm from a fundie background myself, and still have many afflicted family members back in the old country.
1980s: from German, abbreviation of Fundamentalist 'fundamentalist'.
Definition of fundie in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan