Having the mournful, sombre character appropriate to a funeral: Erika was moving at a funereal pace
More example sentences
- This is primarily a period piece and, as you might expect from the elegiac nature of the film, the pace is appropriately funereal.
- Bleak, dismal, gloomy, dreary, funereal, somber: All of these adjectives could be used to describe the new album by Iceland's Sigur Ros.
- Mourning the lack of opportunities which have thus far presented themselves, the funereal hue seems appropriate in the current Scottish footballing climate.
- Example sentences
- The two duets with Vedder are the strongest of too many funereally morose dirges that bind the album.
- Typical are the album's three separate versions of Robert's title composition, a funereally paced piece that perfectly sets the tone; melancholy and brooding yet strangely optimistic.
- Black-car motorcades cruise funereally through deserted streets, bringing presidents and prime ministers to the Congress Center, where the VIPs are meeting, or the Hilton Hotel.
Words that rhyme with funerealarterial, bacterial, cereal, criterial, ethereal, ferial, immaterial, imperial, magisterial, managerial, material, ministerial, presbyterial, serial, sidereal, venereal, biomaterial
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.