Definition of fungicide in English:
A chemical that destroys fungus: many orchards no longer use fungicides [mass noun]: cut away any rotten parts before dusting with fungicide
More example sentences
- Dust them with a powdered fungicide, such as captan, and spread them in a shady spot to dry for a day.
- The most commonly used pesticides include highly toxic chemicals called fumigants, fungicides and insecticides.
- Common garden seed found in your garden centre is often treated with chemical fungicides and should not be used for sprouting.
- Example sentences
- Most organic fatty acids are fungicidal and have been used for centuries as antimicrobial agents, originally in the manufacture of soaps.
- Potassium chloride also has shown fungicidal properties in turf, wheat and other crops.
- Fungicides have fungicidal activity, that actually kills the fungus, or fungistatic activity, that slows the growth of the fungus to prevent extensive damage.
Definition of fungicide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.