- 1 Medicine The simultaneous or repeated occurrence of boils on the skin.More example sentences
- The differential diagnosis includes furunculosis, infected epidermoid cysts and granulomatous disease.
- HD is a well known Chinese folk medicine used for the treatment of various diseases including hepatitis, tonsillitis, sore throat, appendicitis, urethral infection, contusions, furunculosis and cancers, etc.
- Further investigation also confirmed that anal furunculosis is frequently accompanied with IBD.
- 2A bacterial disease of salmon and trout.More example sentences
- In the meantime, new diseases like furunculosis, infectious pancreatic necrosis, infectious salmon anaemia and cardiomyopathy syndrome are surfacing at regular intervals.
- Farmed fish contracted antibiotic-resistant strains of furunculosis, a fatal disease that produces ugly skin ulcers; wild salmon that migrated past their pens also contracted the disease.
- Although A. salmonicida is well known as the causative agent for the disease furunculosis in salmonids, it can also manifest itself with other conditions in non-salmonids.
More definitions of furunculosisDefinition of furunculosis in:
- The US English dictionary