(also futhorc, futhork /ˈfuːθɔːk/)
- The runic alphabet.More example sentences
- The English alphabet Old English was first written in the runic alphabet known as futhork, and isolated runic inscriptions continued to be made in Britain until the 12c.
- And you find yourself sitting alone, thinking of someone you knew before something you must have said about scrimshaw or futhark.
- Light shone off the blade brilliantly and several words in futhark were in the blade.
mid 19th century: from letters corresponding to the first six letters of the ancient runic alphabet: f, u, th, a (or o), r, k.
More definitions of futharkDefinition of futhark in:
- The US English dictionary