- A bitter aromatic resin produced from kinds of ferula.More example sentences
- The ingredients asafoetida, galbanum and opoponax are all strong-smelling resins derived from plants.
- Coptic medical documents indicate that galbanum was used to rid the home and body of fleas and other vermin.
- A member of the Apiaceae family, galbanum is native to the Middle East and western Asia.
Middle English: via Latin from Greek khalbanē, probably of Semitic origin.
More definitions of galbanumDefinition of galbanum in:
- The US English dictionary