A minute mite which is parasitic on plants, typically living inside buds and causing them to form hard galls.
- Family Eriophyidae, order Prostigmata: numerous species, in particular Cecidophyopsis ribis, which affects blackcurrant bushes, causing big bud and transmitting the reversion virus
More example sentences
- There are a few pests to watch for that like fuchsias such as spider mites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and fuchsia gall mites.
- Nevertheless, keep an eye out for fuchsia gall mites, fuchsia rust, whiteflies, and aphids.
- Resistance to gall mite has been a breeding objective in most blackcurrant programmes for many years.
Definition of gall mite in:
- The US English dictionary