- An ostrich dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period.
More example sentences
- Genus Gallimimus, infraorder Ornithomimosauria, suborder Theropoda
- It's real fun - my own little world of raptors and gallimimuses, and albertosaurs.
- One of the sound effects that went into the scene where the Rex attacks the gallimimuses in JP was the sound editors' dog playing with a chew toy.
- He's got quite a number of them, too - brachiosaurs, gallimimuses, triceratops, and other spectacular but harmless herbivores.
modern Latin, from Latin galli 'of a cockerel' (genitive of gallus) + mimus 'mime, pretence'.
More definitions of gallimimusDefinition of gallimimus in:
- The US English dictionary