Causing annoyance or resentment; annoying: it would be galling to lose your job because of a dispute with a customer
More example sentences
- And I also have that bi invisibility thing going on, which is both galling and periodically annoyingly convenient.
- For Europe's elites, anti-Americanism is a sterile response to the galling fact that Europe committed semi-suicide in the 20th century.
- Your column, aside from its galling content, lacks structure and basis.
- More example sentences
- Smith instead has to force them into an over-determined, gallingly syrupy climax.
- And if you've been paying attention to these, which you are most likely not, you will have figured much of this out long before Mike and Terry finally do, as they are gallingly slow on the uptake, the downtake, and every other kind of take.
- Some were quite drunk, one couple gallingly amorous.