- A small, hard crystalline mass formed abnormally in the gall bladder or bile ducts from bile pigments, cholesterol, and calcium salts. Gallstones can cause severe pain and blockage of the bile duct.More example sentences
- These will reveal any abnormality in the bile or pancreatic systems, such as gallstones, bile duct disorders, Pancreatitis or cancer of the head of the pancreas.
- Common examples of these latter disorders include disturbance of liver cell function by acute hepatitis and obstruction of the bile ducts by impacted gallstones.
- There are many reasons for jaundice other than cancer, for example hepatitis, or obstruction of the common bile duct due to gallstones.
More definitions of gallstoneDefinition of gallstone in:
- The US English dictionary