- 1A person who plays a game or games, typically a participant in a computer or role-playing game: every gamer has suffered from small-screen videosMore example sentences
- The epic role-playing games Japanese gamers love are all somewhere into 2006 at the earliest.
- A computer gamer is taking a software firm to court after he suddenly lost all of his virtual weapons.
- This keeps the game flowing well as gamers never tire of the same scenery.
- 1.1North American A person known for consistently making a strong effort, especially in sport: he’s a gamer, always ready to go that extra mileMore example sentences
- If you were giving it out, you were wise and a good teammate, a gamer.
- He's a gamer and a winner, the type of quarterback who gives the Chargers instant credibility.
- He might have thought he was being a gamer by keeping quiet and pitching in pain last week.
More definitions of gamerDefinition of gamer in:
- The US English dictionary