- Penetrating electromagnetic radiation of a kind arising from the radioactive decay of atomic nuclei.More example sentences
- The more actual atoms in the material, the higher the chances that the gamma ray photon will collide with one of them, thus expending its energy on the lead, and not on your body.
- When it decays it emits a beta particle and a gamma ray, leaving behind a protactinium - 234 atom.
- It depends on the spectrum of the gamma ray burst.
More definitions of gamma raysDefinition of gamma rays in:
- The US English dictionary