- A movable plank, typically with cleats nailed on it, used by passengers to board or disembark from a ship or boat.More example sentences
- Passengers descend a gangplank to access two rowboats, and many more appear already to have disembarked.
- With that said the captain turned and walked back up the gangplank to the ship and began shouting orders to his crew.
- He turned and walked back up the gangplank to the ship.
More definitions of gangplankDefinition of gangplank in:
- The US English dictionary