noun (plural gannetries)
- A breeding colony of gannets, usually on an isolated rock.More example sentences
- Naturalists with sturdy sea legs can take a trip out to the gannetry at Bass Rock or stay on land and observe it from North Berwick's Sea Life Centre.
- The Science article includes a picture of the gannetry on Bird Island, the largest in the world, by a Port Elizabeth photo-journalist and author.
- Today it's the world's largest single rock gannetry with 40,000 pairs returning to breed each year.
More definitions of gannetryDefinition of gannetry in:
- The US English dictionary