Definition of garden pea in English:
1A variety of pea grown for food.
- Peas are climbers, and even the smaller varieties of garden pea will need some form of support.
- The earliest trace of the garden pea is in the relics of Bronze Age settlements in Switzerland, c. 3000 bc.
- The grapevine is one of the so-called tendril climbers with tendrils on the stem; the garden pea has leaf tendrils.
1.1A pea canned or frozen when freshly picked.
- Frozen garden peas are kept in the freezer as they go well with most meals but they are the only vegetable I buy which is frozen.
- Add cubed potatoes (par boiled), cook for a while, add chick peas, and garden peas (even from the freezer, if you must), and some torn basil leaves.
- A recent study commissioned by Heinz Wattie's Australia, conducted by the New Zealand Institute for Crop and Food Research, analysed the nutrient composition of green garden peas at the various stages of processing and storage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.