- Inflammation of the stomach and intestines, typically resulting from bacterial toxins or viral infection and causing vomiting and diarrhoea.More example sentences
- Also known as viral gastro-enteritis, it causes vomiting, headaches, abdominal cramps and sometimes diarrhoea.
- Farms were closed after traces were claimed to have been found of a virus causing gastro-enteritis and diarrhoea in oysters harvested in the inlet.
- And there's good evidence that they can reduce the duration of rotavirus diarrhoea and gastro-enteritis in infants.
More definitions of gastroenteritisDefinition of gastroenteritis in:
- The US English dictionary