- 1 Zoology A small stone swallowed by a bird, reptile, or fish to aid digestion in the gizzard.More example sentences
- One of the avian characteristics of the emus is that they also eat small stones (called gastroliths or gizzard stones).
- The presence of gastroliths (gizzard stones) in the rib cages of some specimens shows that this view is correct.
- Such stomach stones or gastroliths have been reported from the gut regions or found nearby of prosauropods, sauropods and ornithopods.
More definitions of gastrolithDefinition of gastrolith in:
- The US English dictionary