noun• informal , chiefly North American
- An alligator.More example sentences
- And we handle alligator, large gators, crocodiles every day, catching them, moving them, doing things with them.
- Since the domes lie along the surface of the water when crocs and gators are in their hunting posture, he wondered whether they might play some role in the animals' snappy reflexes.
- Its only natural predator is the alligator but the gators are full.
mid 19th century: shortened form.
More definitions of gatorDefinition of gator in:
- The US English dictionary