noun[mass noun] • informal
- Technical jargon regarded as characteristic of that used by computer enthusiasts: Littman does a good job of translating acronym-laden geekspeak into EnglishMore example sentences
- The script, with its constant acknowledgment of such arcana as Logan's Run and The X-Men, could be seen as a work written entirely in a language I call "geekspeak."
- But it's also one of his characteristics, to lace his narrative with anachronistic linguistic style—what the Guardian described as 'marrying geekspeak with riotous action'.
- By the way, scientific notation is a geekspeak way of writing a floating-point number in a compact way.
More definitions of geekspeakDefinition of geekspeak in:
- The US English dictionary