- 1Castrate (a male animal).More example sentences
- Mules and hinnies are virtually always sterile, but male mules should be gelded to keep them tractable.
- No fillies were in the sale, and unless a horse has a top stallion pedigree, the Jockey Club gelds the horses before they go through the sale.
- This horse is gelded, and will leave us all in peace.
- 1.1Deprive of vitality or vigour: the English version of the book has been geldedMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, I found the obvious talents of him and the director to have been gelded along the way and prevented from reaching the level of punch and impact that I think could have otherwise been delivered.
Middle English: from Old Norse gelda, from geldr 'barren'.