noun[mass noun] • informal
- Money.More example sentences
- I just wish I could remember the URL and help them make some more gelt.
- Despite my earlier misgivings, this place is a find for those ready to shell out serious gelt.
- We've vowed to help these unfortunate million- and billionaires lose their confusion, pain and gelt… er, guilt, despite their oppressively large bank accounts.
early 16th century (originally often used to refer to the pay of a German army): from German Geld 'money'.
More definitions of geltDefinition of gelt in:
- The US English dictionary