noun[mass noun] Medicine
The condition of feeling one’s emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one’s biological sex.
- The respondent's doctor then reported to management confirming that the applicant had received hormone treatment for her medical condition of gender dysphoria, had not undergone surgery, but would do so in the relatively near future.
- After ascertaining in clinical practice that there is truly gender dysphoria, the hypnotherapist helps these patients to identify hypnotically with both sides of their life experience, the masculine and the feminine.
- The situation is actually very simple, given that gender dysphoria is a medical condition like any other medical condition.
gender dysphoric adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- I was referred to the specialists and they diagnosed me as gender dysphoric.
- But the fact is that people have to be ‘diagnosed’ as gender dysphoric and then satisfy a panel.
- I believe it is because many people fail to understand the anguish and desperation that gender dysphoric people suffer and because they cannot identify with such a strange phenomenon that is so alien to their everyday experience.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gen¦der dys|phoria
Definition of gender dysphoria in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.