(also general stores)
- A shop that sells a wide variety of goods, typically one in a small town or village.More example sentences
- Restless, she wandered through the main floor of the century-old building, originally Moorcroft's first general store.
- Visitors can work at a farm stand or get behind a soda fountain in the old general store.
- In Huntington, a community of 2,500 people south of Burlington, the efficiency program has helped the owners of Beaudry's general store.
More definitions of general storeDefinition of general store in:
- The US English dictionary